Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I love Kyoto

We stayed at Kyoto Century Hotel during out stay in Kyoto.
Took the express train from Osaka to Kyoto.

The hotel is a two minute walk from the entrance of Kyoto Station.
It's so convenient!

We picked hotels that were near central train stations during our trip to Japan as we had a lot of things to carry with us. 

So thankful that my in laws helped us to bring back our dirty laundry and stuff that we didn't need as they left Japan earlier than us. 

It really helped to ease our mobility as between Mike and I, we had to manage two big luggage bags, a stroller, diaper bag, baby carrier and baby.

We exchanged one bag with them and took a small cabin sized luggage bag.

Packing light with a baby isn't really much of an option...
but I admit that I did bring too many warm clothing that wasn't needed but I wasn't too sure of the weather as some days the temperature could go as low as 11 degrees.

x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x 

Kyoto Century Hotel.

Loved the rooms. Loved the bathroom. The location is a 10 out of 10.

We opted for breakfast at the hotel during our stay and the variety of food here doesn't change. We ate the same thing for 3 days straight and got really bored. The same noodles. The same style of eggs. Zzz. Every. single. day.

Actually, one of the reasons that I booked this place is because I read a review online that the hotel kitchen helped a lady to cook her baby's porridge. 

One of my constant worries during this trip is thinking of Olivia's meals.

I really didn't expect her to be so fussy during this trip and thought that she would gladly share our meals as she used to be very easy with meals.

The buffet had porridge and she refused to eat it as well, even though it did not taste bland.

Our happy little explorer

Living the life

She would turn every hotel room we stayed at upside down.

Drawers will be opened.
Papers and pens will be all over the place.
Lamps will go on and off, on and off.

I loved how the bathroom has a stool to sit on while bathing yourself. The SIMPLE joys in life. 

A toilet stool. Hahaha.

x  x  x  x  x  x  x

We had lunch at Isetan, just beside the hotel.
Walked inside a restaurant that served Tonkatsu.

I love how most restaurants in Japan have a "kids meal."

Olivia's favourite part of the meal - the JUICE! Hahaha.

Her meal comes with toys for her to choose from. So awesome for kids.
Great to keep them occupied during the meal.

Yum

Went to the top floor of Kyoto Station to take pictures



Daddy & daughter

I should have been in the pic too!

No comments: