Monday, August 1, 2016

TS Suites in Bali

The exterior of the hotel didn't look too appealing at first but the moment I stepped in, I was somewhat relieved because the hotel wasn't too shabby after all.

I picked this hotel because of the reasonable price and the facilities (because I thought that we would be hotel bound with the baby). 

However, Baby O did not join us on this trip because of her skin condition and I am actually glad that we didn't bring her. It was just so REFRESHING to be able to go on a holiday just like the "good ol' days". Hahaha. 

I really miss traveling light ! With the baby, you have to literally pack her entire room with you.



What do you call the person who works at the hotel lobby? Receptionist? Hmmm. I had to google this - apparently the one who manages the booking is known as a desk clerk.

Anyway, at TS Suites, they are called GROs. LOL! Sounds so wrong, I know.

We were attended to by a male GRO with a very flamboyant demeanour (if you get what I mean) . . . and I could not help but think whether . . . . (tee hee). Just kidding.

. . . . anyway, we were brought for a tour around the hotel by the "GRO" and TS Suites is apparently a "hip hotel" - that's the hotel concept . . . . and there would be music playing 24/7 in the hotel.



At first I thought that he was referring to these two performers (pictured above) playing some musical instrument opposite the hotel lobby and I was thinking to myself  - 24/7 performers? NOT BAD for the price we paid.

Anyhow, the music that he was referring to was coming from the hotel sound system that plays when you're at the lobby or outside the hotel room. CHEH. 

I am such a wishful thinker. Indeed I am.

TS Suites reminds me of Aloft hotel - the hotel has a business feel and a modern take to it.


Room was clean. Drinks and Kit Kat in the fridge are complimentary ! 

I booked this room (TS Shell room) with Baby O in mind - thinking that I would have to bathe her in the bath tub because she is afraid of the shower.


This is where we had our buffet breakfast. I actually like the interior design. The chairs are pretty!


There's also a pool table.


This is where food is served every morning. Wouldn't have opted for buffet breakfast in Seminyak if we were to travel without the baby because there are so, so many good breakfast/brunch restaurants around!



The pool - where technology takes precedence over swimming.
Almost everybody was on their phone !

INCLUDING ME! MWAHAHA.

I was busy Pokemon hunting in the hotel. For real.
Mike thought that I was mad.
The staff probably thought that I had forgotten my room number.

I walked up and down the lobby and all around the floor where our hotel room was on.

I also walked around Seminyak town with my phone in my hand the whole time while Mike held my hand as I walked treating me like a blind bat. BLINDED by Pokemon.

Honestly, I am worried once the game launches in Malaysia.
Excited but worried at the same time.

I can already imagine snatch thieves on bikes grabbing your phone or robbing you as you are too engrossed in the game.

As the game loads, you will be reminded to be alert of your surroundings
but honestly, the warning is so easy to dismiss as all that one would care for is for the game to just LOAD ASAP - gotta catch 'em all!

I myself was so addicted to the game I couldn't even take my eyes off my screen. 
Whatmore kids when they are playing!
Parental supervision is definitely required for Pokemon Go, in my opinion.


The gym overlooking the pool.


Spa room. 

I wouldn't recommend the massage here though. Tried it and have experienced way better massages outside.

On top of our massage, we both picked a body scrub session thinking that it would be a nice relaxing body scrub BUT it was literally like SANDPAPER rubbing against your skin.

I asked the girl - "ERMM... don't you put water or something with the scrub?!"
"OH, the scrub is like this."

The body scrub is like literally taking salt and massaging it all over your body!
It was painful.

I remember the Thai body scrub I once had in Bangkok was so relaxing and nice.
Maybe this is Balinese style? 


I also picked this hotel because it had a children's play room.
They have balls in the play pen too!

The hotel also has computers for you to use to surf the net and a mini library too.
Facilities wise, I would give it a 9/10.



Food wise, I read some reviews of people raving about the breakfast here.

It was just average in my opinion because they didn't serve Nutella at the pancakes section. LOLOL.
Jokes aside, variety is okay but taste wise, it was just mediocre.

I judge how good a buffet breakfast is by tasting their fried rice and noodles so you can't trust my judgement either.

Wasn't paid to review this hotel. In fact, I PAID to review this place. #SAD

I do not usually write reviews on my blog but this time around I made an exception just because I took a lot of pictures of the hotel. Hehe :)

Adios.

No comments: