Tuesday, June 7, 2016

It's June already?



When oh when will you be able to roll back from your tummy to your back?
My ears are aching from the screaming and crying whenever you roll from your back to your tummy.

When Baby O first learned how to roll, she would keep on rollin' rollin' rollin' -
but unfortunately, she would get frustrated as she would not know how to roll back from her tummy to her back.

She would also roll several times in a day - at least 10 times a day?
And I would have to keep rolling her back.

I do try to let her attempt to roll back but she does not seem to be attempting!

I read of this "baby milestone" online and it says :-

Your baby may be able to kick himself over, from his tummy to his back, as early as age 4 months. It may take him until he's about 5 or 6 months to flip from back to front, though, because he needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver.

I find this so odd  because baby O is able to flip from back to front but not the other way round when rolling from tummy to her back seems to be "easier"?

Oh well, I know that before I speak too soon, she will probably be able to do it within the next few weeks *hopefully* and by then, I'd be even more worried as there'd be a higher probability of her falling off the bed if ever I were to take my eyes off her for a split second.

x  x  x  x  x

I totally envy those whom have babies who are able to play on their own and sleep on their own!

Baby O seems to get bored pretty fast.

She can only keep herself entertained for about 20 minutes at most and I realised that she is more entertained in her cot than on the play mat though.

And when it comes to sleeping, she still has yet to learn the art of self soothing !

The same thing is happening now - she is currently going on a pacifier strike! ARGH.

She keeps wanting to use me as a pacifier and if I do not give in to her, her pitiful sobbing will gradually become louder and LOUDER and soon, it will turn to loud and long wailings and screaming from the very depths of her throat.

Her screaming is so loud to the point that my ear drums hurt. Not kidding.

I have been trying my best to let her "cry it out" but I keep reading mixed reviews on it.

Honestly, I know that it breaks most mothers' hearts to hear their baby cry but I think that I am the opposite. . . especially when Baby O starts screaming !!!

I'm like "go on screaming until you get tired and realise that you can't get your way..." BUT then, her screaming slowly starts raising my blood pressure until I'm like OK OK JUST stop it already WHAT DO YOU WANT I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU!

I just keep picturing the day she becomes a screaming toddler throwing tantrums and rolling all over the floor. I can't even remember how was I like as a toddler.

I am just afraid that I might become a crazy mum with a bad temper yelling at my kid in public.

Even right now, I have my meltdown moments and sometimes, I raise my voice at Baby O - even though she is just a baby.

Sometimes, I feel horrible after that but during those moments when she keeps crying to get her way, my temper gets in the way as well.

People keep reminding me that "babies are smarter than you think". . . . but the moment you treat them as though they are smart, you will get even more frustrated and agitated the moment they don't "listen" to you.... BUT if I were to treat her like a baby who does not know or understand things yet, I'd be more tolerant because after all, she's JUST a baby?

When and how do I draw the line between giving in too much and putting my foot down?

This is why they say your baby brings out the best and worst in you.

Having a baby really makes me imagine myself back in time when I was a baby - like was I like this? How did my mother do it? How did she manage 3 kids?

x  x  x  x  x  x

Also, as kiasu as I may sound, I have been looking up on preschools and just checking on what they have to offer and also, working out the cost for budgeting purposes . . . .

. . . . and the more I research on education and the costs, the more compelled I feel to go back to work -_-"

No comments: