Saturday, May 7, 2016

Phuket Getaway

We literally went to Phuket just to eat Thai food in a hotel.

Dining in the room is the best.

Meals are relatively stress free because if the baby cries or fusses, 
at least it is confined to both our ears only.

My aunt told me that I should get used to the baby crying in public and that I need not be stressed out but at this point in time, my stress levels will go berserk whenever the baby wails uncontrollably in public.

#motherhoodchallenges

Anyway, this whole post is all about the food we ate during our trip.
Nothing particularly exciting but I love looking at food pics. Haha.



The fried calamari was so good.

The beef burger was also good. Apparently, the hotel imports all of their beef from Australia.

My beef burger came with "posh" looking mayo and mustard. LOL.

The next day, I decided to have pork fried rice for lunch whilst Mike, had pad thai two days in a row.

During dinner time, Mike wanted to eat at the hotel restaurant.

Had the risotto. Next time, I'll stick to ordering Thai food in Phuket.

Some duck noodle soup.

On our last night in Phuket, we decided to have a feast.

The usual - tom yum soup, kai lan with roast pork, green curry with chicken, red curry with duck and pineapple fried rice.

The feast ended up with me going back to the hotel earlier while Mike had to take away the rest because the baby was crying inconsolably.

Unfortunately, babies tend to cry more around their mothers. 

This is SO TRUE because the other day, when we went out for a family dinner, the baby was fine and playing on her own in the pram but the moment she saw me, she was going to let out the waterworks.

Just to clarify, on that day itself, she didn't see me the whole day because my mother was helping to babysit her. 

Anyhow, if I were to attempt to "console" her, she would just cry even louder but if I am hidden from her sight, others would be able to put a plug to her tear ducts by rocking her. TRICKY situation -_-"


Thankfully, during breakfast time, we managed to have a good meal because she would be sleeping in her pram in the morning. 

Such an angel when she's sound asleep :)


No comments: