Sunday, April 17, 2016

A blessing, both ways.

Sad to say, most of us find it hard to be contented.

I know that if I were still working now and had a baby, at work I'd be like -
SIGH I wish I could stay at home and see my daughter grow up, etc . . .

. . . . but now that I am a SAHM, I have been getting thoughts of being on the 'other side' like -
HOW nice it would be if I could work and earn some moolah to splurge
rather than stay at home and go crazy due to the lack of sleep. . . .
at least I'll still get some "freedom" during the day while at work
and come home to my daughter later in the evening.

People say that it's a blessing to be a SAHM.
I won't deny that but it is ALSO a blessing to be able to be a working mum.

Most of my ex colleagues who have babies have their in laws or family members look after their babies. At least it gives them a peace of mind at work knowing someone trustworthy is looking after their child.

It is such a blessing to be a working mum and to have willing and trustworthy family members look after your baby. I personally feel that this arrangement is the best of both worlds.

x x x x x x x x



New challenges have been cropping up for me now that she is more alert -
her nap times are now shorter and she constantly wants people to talk to her or layan her.

On lucky days, she will self entertain herself on the bed
by watching the fan go round and round and round.

But there have been days when she is always calling out for people
the second you leave her alone in the room.

And the thing is that she is not contented until she is carried around
or sometimes, she just wants to be entertained.
The baby life. Pure bliss.

And oh, recently she has been "complaining" to me the entire day and I find it so hard to figure out what she is trying to tell me -_-"

While she does not cry as much as before,
she sure seems to complain ALOT!

She will frown while talking to me angrily
and sometimes, she will show me her pitiful sad sulky face.

POOR ME ! Bullied by a baby.

This is also most evident when it comes to feeding time.

Whenever she's hungry and other people are carrying her, she seems to have more patience for her feed but if I am the one carrying her and it so happens to be her feeding time, she will cry and scream.

I wonder if this has got to do with her 'personality' or it's just a normal baby thing?!
Only time will tell!

No comments: