Friday, January 22, 2016

Discharged.

I really could not wait to leave the hospital.

Was supposed to stay for 3 nights -
the gynae recommended for me to stay at extra night because it was my first child
and it would be good to get help from the nurses,  etc.

But on the second day, I really wanted to go home SO BADLY.
You have no idea how miserable I felt at the hospital.

Hospital staff just kept walking in and out of the room every other minute.
There is totally zero privacy (I know, I know, you must be thinking what was I expecting) -
but I was in the toilet when a cleaner just barged in and said sorry.

Totally lost all "dignity" during my 2 days at the hospital.

What made me the most miserable was the excruciating pain I felt.
Peeing was SO PAINFUL. In fact, I didn't even want to pee initially but I know I had to.
I had to call the nurse to assist me to the toilet while she watched me pee. 

Even though I was given pain killers, the pain from the stitches were still so bad.
Had a second degree tear. 

It took me some time to regain strength to even walk again, having been lying in bed for 24 hours.
I felt like collapsing while taking each step.

I was so consumed with fearing labour pains while I was pregnant that I didn't even think about the pain AFTER delivery. The pain after delivery was worse than the labour pain (but I know that it is also because I had an epidural).

I really wonder how some wonder women manage to deliver without epidural.
Their pain threshold must be pretty high.

x  x  x  x  x  x

Going home was the BEST feeling ever! :)

Some pictures taken on the second day :


Hello there!

She has mummy's fingers :)

.... and daddy's eyes.


Baby Olivia and her great grandmother.

No comments: