Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Mother's Birthday.

Can't believe that in one weeks' time, we will be stepping into a brand new year, yet once again.

Did plenty of self reflection during my idle moments about life and what I intend to do, but there's nothing conclusive as of yet. Basically, I am refusing to THINK of any 2016 plans because the baby's arrival is a BIG PLAN on its own.

x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x

Anyway, since I noticed that my blog is just too wordy, yet once again, time to post some pictures to brighten it up! 

Last month was my mother's **th birthday (not sure if I'm allowed to reveal her age) but basically, it's a "milestone birthday" so I'm sure you can pretty much guess her age.  

My sis suggested to prepare a homecooked meal for her birthday. It was hard work (given my physical condition) - body aches and whatnot but it was a good 'workout' nonetheless. LOL.

I made a prawn avocado salsa to be eaten with Nachos as appetisers.

I used the prawn shells (from the prawn salsa) and attempted to make a "prawn bisque" that ended up tasting more like vegetable soup.


Three types of mushrooms cooked in garlic and balsamic vinegar on a French loaf with mozzarella cheese. It was so simple and easy to make but so tasty.

I couldn't stop eating it!!!


My sister cooked the main meal. She bought two types of fish - salmon and sea bass.

The salmon was really juicy. Topped with some lemon herb butter sauce that my sis also made.


A meal that took literally the whole day to prepare - but finished within 10 minutes. Hahaha.






Family picture.

No comments: