Monday, December 21, 2015

36 weeks.

Today, I woke up at 5.00 a.m. and started thinking of all kinds of nonsense - about parenting, fears, etc.

Couldn't seem to go back to sleep and I started thinking of what to make for breakfast today. Started googling for cheese and ham scone recipes and in between, I kept reasoning with myself on whether to bake or not to bake savoury scones.

In the end, I thought that it would be better to finish the loaf of bread on the table so I ended up making tuna sandwiches for breakfast.

Took a one hour nap at 10 a.m. after that before getting ready for my check up.

I really dislike days as such when I just can't sleep! Suddenly, it feels as though there are just too many hours in a day and I don't have anything meaningful to do.

So today, I told my gynae about the pain in my wrist and asked her whether it was carpal tunnel syndrome and she told me that it wasn't the case. OOOPS. I have misdiagnosed myself. She said that I am suffering from tendonitis because it is my wrist that is aching and not my fingers.

Apparently, this is also common during pregnancy and she said it may worsen during breastfeeding. Lucky for me, I managed to buy the very LAST hand brace at the clinic for my left hand. I'm just thankful that it's only my left hand that is affected - apparently, some people get it on both hands!

I can't really carry heavy objects with my left hand because it really, really hurts! Plus, it doesn't help that I'm left handed -_-"

During the scan today, the baby's face could not even be seen at all. The baby's entire back was against my tummy but from the scan, the doctor showed me that my baby already has HAIR! So pleased to hear that because I kept imagining a somewhat hairless baby ... because Mike and I both had very scarce/fine hair as babies.

Just a few more weeks to go before my life entirely changes. I've been asking Mike over the past months to just IMAGINE how our lives would be like come 2016.

Looks like I don't have to use the power of imagination anymore, since right now, the baby will be saying HI to us soon.

So nervous yet excited at the same time. Been reading a lot of scary pregnancy stories as well. At this point in time, I think that I'm just going to get an epidural.

No comments: