Thursday, October 22, 2015

Perth

I still can remember how Alicia told me earlier this year that she was thinking of having her ROM this year and whether I would be able to make it.

I was thinking that she would be having it in PJ/KL so when she told me that it would be in Perth, I was like whatttttt?! I remember that I had just discovered that I was expecting and I could not entirely commit that I could go because it would be dependant on so many factors (health, condition, etc).

Glad that things turned out well in the end. I booked my tickets to Perth just about 2 months before the wedding. I was pretty enthusiastic about this trip as travelling plans always gives me something to look forward to.

I was meticulously planning this trip to try and stuff in as many things to do based on suggestions from friends on what is there to do in Perth and also from reading blogs.

Because of my excitement, I was totally letdown in Perth because I had somewhat developed high expectations of Perth because there are friends who told me that they LOVE Perth zzzz.

Perth truly lives up to its reputation amongst most Malaysians - there's nothing to do!

Ivan would however beg to differ. I can already hear him say, "There's LOTS to do in Perth. It depends on what you are interested in."

And I can't help but draw comparisons between Melbourne and Perth the whole time but Melbourne wins hands down in almost every aspect - from food to malls to vineyards. And Mike would then tell me, "Of course lah, it's like comparing KL and Ipoh."

With that being said, it was a good experience to know what Perth really has to offer :)

The trip was very, very relaxing and I didn't want to come back because we stayed at very cosy B&Bs   and felt at home, despite not having nothing much to do. Haha.

x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x  x

On our first day in Perth, we arrived in the noon and by the time we got out from the airport, it was already 3 p.m. and there wasn't much for us to do as most of the shops were closing and cafes/restaurants were already closed at 4 p.m. -_-"


We just went walking around the city on our first day there.






At least Koko Black was open.






My first Air B&B experience - we loved the apartment - the view and location (East Perth) is superb.
It's like a 5-minute drive to the city.

Hotel rates kept going up thanks to the weakening Ringgit so thank goodness for Air B&B - there are so many affordable options to choose from!

No comments: