Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October is coming to an end.

This week, I am officially in the third trimester - the final leg to go.
I still have so many things to do and buy but I have been feeling extremely lazy.

I know that I could finish shopping for the remaining essential items in a day or two but I am not in the mood as my body is not cooperating with me.

Since I came back from Perth and also, during my trip, I had severe pains, even more painful that what I have experienced during the second trimester.

Tearing sensastions (down there) everytime I move around in bed
so I will have to sleep really still.

Getting out of bed to head to the toilet suddenly becomes a real challenge.
Walking down the stairs could give me unexpected jolts of pain too.

Upon coming home form Perth, the very next day, the aches and pains just got worse.

This is however, expected of course as I felt the same way after coming back from Bali and Bangkok.

I woke up with a full bladder in bed and needed to rush to the toilet.
The moment I moved my legs to get myself out of bed, I screamed in pain.
Every small movement would send a sharp ripping sensation.
I told Mike that if I did not have a "big bladder", I would have peed in bed.

The pain takes a long time to go away so I have no choice but to succumb to it.
I would be walking with limps or dragging my feet to the toilet.
My lower back is also starting to hurt.

I have been advised to do lots of walking, as this would help with the backaches?
However, I personally do not feel that this is the case.

x x  x  x x  x  x  x x  x

Anyway, this reminds me of some advice given to me that I'd like to share.

So there was a colleague who had difficulty in conceiving for almost 10 years (if I'm not mistaken) due to an underlying medical condition, went through several rounds of IVF but failed, but in the end, managed to conceive naturally later in her late 30s.

Because of her tribulations and heartbreaking experiences, she would of course have a different perspective on family planning. She kept telling me to just enjoy every moment, travel and at the same time, just try to have kids, naturally. You can travel while you are pregnant. Don't hold it back as she once thought that she herself could delay childbearing later because she had 'plenty of time' only to experience difficulty.

Initially, like most of us who would think that we are still young and have time to have kids later, I had lots of travelling plans in mind.

Couples who have had kids early would say that the wish that they would have travelled more before getting kids. Clearly, there are two very different schools of thoughts depending on what one has been through.

Anyhow, the fear of not being able to conceive did cross my mind. I did not want to take it for granted so I decided to let nature take its course. If it happens, it happens. The "come what may" mentality.

However, one thing that I'd like to clarify is that, sometimes, travelling while pregnant isn't as easy as it sounds. Some people make it look effortless but when you are plagued with sickness during the first trimester, travelling is out of the question for the first 3 months.

The best window for travelling is during the second trimester. During the third trimester, with the body aches, you'd be experiencing discomfort on and off throughout the trip so it may not be as enjoyable as anticipated.

But I suppose that at the end of the day, who is to say that after marriage, you won't be able to travel alone as a couple? There will still be opportunities, just that more planning would be required.

I remember this quote at heart - "Failure to plan is planning to fail". But yesterday, after having a talk with Mike of life and death and the fragility of life (he was sharing stories of friends of workmates in their 40s passing away), sometimes, plan as you may, things may not go your way.

At the end of the day, everything is in His time, not ours.

No comments: