Monday, February 3, 2014

More volume please.

Many have been asking how's the wedding preparations coming along.
And I've been telling them the same thing -
that it's at a standstill.

I can barely find the time to sit down and plan.
Shorthanded at work :(

Mike and I sat down over lunch one day
to list down the things that are still pending
and the list sure is LONG.

And with time ticking away,
my palms get sweaty occasionally (no joke)
whenever I think of the little details.

However, I read some wedding advice online that advised not to fret over the small details
because chances are that people won't even notice it.

It's just the bridezilla who has a microscopic view of perfection.

This is true to a certain extent because I can't even remember
half of the weddings that I've attended.

I guess that I've been stressed out over the expectations
I have on what I want after seeing pictures of
so many beautiful weddings online.

I need to remind myself on how God
has provided sufficiently for me as it now
and that my greed will probably strike me down.

For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh
and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—
is not from the Father but is from the world. (1 John 2:16)

End of the day, I need to remind myself
what this "wedding" is really about
and what this union truly means to us
and the commitment that we will be undertaking
for the rest of the days of our lives.
It's alright to want a nice wedding
but when it comes to a point
that you're obsessing over everything
and thinking of spending too much of your savings
on just ONE day, leaving you with very little savings for the future. . . 
is just not worth it.

Live within your means and all will be good.

Perhaps I should stop dreaming
about the idea of hundreds of fresh flowers :P

x  x  x  x  x  x

Was looking at wedding hair inspirations and I love the following styles :








I love this hairstyle the best.
But it could be the pretty model that makes this style look extra good.


As you can see, I'm into beehive hair *super love*
I wish that I was blessed with thick and voluminous hair.

No comments: