Monday, August 5, 2013

The wedding venue hunt.

We've been busy hunting for a venue
that fits our requirement and budget
and it sure has been one roller coaster ride.

It has been a testing time for us
and our characters.

Perhaps, a wedding planner would have helped to ease the stress
but I'm not willing to part with a couple of thousands
and whatmore, pay someone MORE than what I'm earning
*sniffles*

And even if Mike was happy to pay for a planner
I still wouldn't be happy
to part with money that could pay for our intended wedding bands.

Thank goodness I have really helpful friends
who have been reminding me on what to do step-by-step
and have been constantly been giving me
FREE ideas, recommendations and tips.

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME.

I love Google and Pinterest too
but Pinterest drives me to the verge of insanity.
You'll understand what I mean when you're planning your wedding.

I have YET to decide on a theme
because I just want TOO many things.

Too many pretty sparkly pinky pastle-y cute-sy gorgeous BEAUTIFUL things.

x  x  x  x  x

Weddings are really such a luxury.
I mean, I knew that all along but I didn't think that it was going to be THIS expensive.

The wedding demand curve is clearly, inelastic.
With the price per table constantly increasing by 10% every year, it makes me wonder what benchmark is used to justify this increase. Inflation? Bah.

I got fed up of searching for hotels until a point that I just wanted to throw the wedding at a Chinese restaurant.

Not that there's anything wrong with having a wedding in a Chinese restaurant
but it just isn't my first choice
plus Mike said he prefers it to be halal.

Anyhow, when I looked out for Chinese restaurants,
I'm faced with another new set of challenges -
PILLARS bwargh LIMITED CAPACITY argh
I give up.

Anyways, enough of my ranting.

Time for some PRETTY pictures (ideas oh ideas):




No comments: